6/9/17 – The successful evaluation and treatment of the orbital region – subject to a wide range of diseases affecting multiple organ systems – entails the knowledge and expertise of a multidisciplinary team of specialists. Interdisciplinary Management of Orbital Diseases: Textbook and Atlas brings this team together to offer comprehensive and authoritative discussion of all diseases of the orbital region, with descriptions of topographic and surgical anatomy, pathology, diagnostic steps, imaging, conservative treatment measures, operative approaches, radiotherapy, and orbital reconstruction. Readers will find key information for diagnosing conditions early and achieving maximum therapeutic and aesthetic results.
- Valuable guidance from leading specialists in otorhinolaryngology, craniomaxillofacial surgery, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, endocrinology, and other relevant fields
- Coverage of the spectrum of orbital pathologies and diseases, including congenital malformations and posttraumatic deformities, orbital and skull base tumours and inflammation, sinus complications, thyroid eye disease, and more
- Useful details on patient examination, surgical techniques and pitfalls, and postoperative management aid in daily practice
- More than 650 full-colour photographs and illustrations that allow for rapid learning and application of concepts
- Videos accessed through Thieme Media Centre that enhance understanding of surgical procedures
Interdisciplinary Management of Orbital Diseases: Textbook and Atlas is an important addition to the armamentarium of otolaryngologists, craniomaxillofacial surgeons, ophthalmologists, and neurosurgeons. Clinicians at all levels, and residents and fellows, will gain the interdisciplinary perspective crucial for handling the complexities of the orbital region.
Welkoborsky et al.
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
354 pp, 689 illustrations
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.au
Kylie Davis 08 8372 0999 [email protected]